Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Romance Writers Rock

Not like David Cook maybe, but in other very cool ways. The authors I know have a few things in common. They're dreamers. They're fiercely determined. They insist on happy endings. And they're some of the nicest, most generous people in the world.

I'll give you a few examples. (No names because I'm not sure if they want to broadcast their extreme niceness.)

-- A published author spends a good chunk of her weekend critiquing my synopsis and opening scene. Just to help me out.

-- A group of RWA authors sponsors several scholarships to help other writers (including me!) attend the National Conference in San Francisco.

-- The G8tors (that's this year's group of Golden Heart finalists) offer three critiques for Brenda Novak's auction to support juvenile diabetes research: http://brendanovak.auctionanything.com/.

There are lots of other ways romance authors are making the world a better place, but these are a few that touched me personally. Communities like this are rare and amazing, and I'm honored to be a part of this one. Rock on!

No comments: